Well, 2021 wasn't much better than 2020 was it?
As the last week of the year begins, what better time to share a few things from around the web to help us look back at the year it's been.
- Google search trends, you can filter these by region
- Google Year In Search (YouTube officially retired Rewind)
- @TwitterData's look at 2021, a short thread looking at a few trends and topics
- Apple's App Store Awards 2021 highlights some interesting apps
- Pocket has both a best of and an article on 12 stories that defined 2021
- IMDB has a list of the top films release in 2021
- CNN's 2021 in Pictures
- 52 things I learned in 2021 by Tom Whitwell
- Reddit recap
We all knew how 2021 was going to start but I'm sure we wall wanted to end very differently. Two notable mutations in COVID-19 and we're not much further forward in where we were back in March 2020. The difference now is that we're living with the virus around, rather than doing all we can to stop it. Not a good thing in my opinion, but we are where we are.
I really hope 2022 is different. I have no problem wearing a mask in public forever, but it would be nice to know it was a choice rather than a necessity. That's my wish for the year.
|More from 1 Thing A Week|
|« Instagram is bad at the open web||My key stats for 2020||A look back at my 2022||My New Year's Resolutions for 2022 »|