I've long had the philosophy that websites should be fast and responsive while content should be king but I'm coming around to realising that it's not enough.
They still feel like the three most important things, but I feel like I am missing something because the traffic trends here seem to be fairly constant. I get spikes for sure, but they're not very big so I want to spend a bit more time in improving the discoverability of what I write here. Part of me is ready to scale everything back to the essentials and make sure content comes first. Another part of me is thinking about how to put together some more interesting content...
These are the things on my list of things to research over the next few weeks:
- Do some thorough keyword research
- Pick a topic/niche and build content around it
- Refine the layout to truly make content king (SkeletonCSS based?)
- Cross post to relevant sites more often
- Consider a proper home for my development blog posts
- Embark on a project/challenge that I can immerse myself in and document
- See how I can more effectively implement ads here and on my other sites
|More from 1 Thing A Week|
|« Hello, Bluesky||I'm getting really excited for the :has() selector in CSS||How did we break the internet? »|