Week 139 was posted by Charanjit Chana on 2020-06-22.
This week, I've spent a bit of time putting together a single HTML page that has the data of a fake newsagents. I've added it to the 1 Thing A Week sitemap so that it can be found by google and it's linked to in this article too.
I want to see what Google (and Yahoo!, Bing and DuckDuckGo) picks up, how it processes it and which of the data I can find once it has been crawled. The Maloha News Agents is 'open' for business and it's an exciting experiment for me because it's the basis of another idea I've had for quite a while.
The plan is to come back to it in about 3-6 months and see what information I can find by performing a search and looking at the results without having to click through.
The experiment itself is all centred around Linked Data, which I've chosen to drive through JSON-LD schema. If you're interested in learning more about this meta data which gives some machine readable data about your page, then you can find everything you need over at schema.org.
Feel free to view the source of the page for the newsagent (or this one) to see how I've put it into practice.
As for the results of this experiment, watch this space!
Tags: development, linked data, schema, seo, development, linked data, schema, seo