I actually searched for the fake store I set up to see if it had been excluded from search results or not yet. A couple of weeks ago, I decided to end my linked data experiment after failing to get opening times to appear in search results on Google.
I had said that Bing was surprisingly good at displaying the results but Google had failed to do what I had expected.
In reality, it looks like Google just needed some more time:
This surprised me mainly because the changes I had made appeared quickly, they just never displayed in the way I expected. All of a sudden, now you get a nice run down of the opening times for the week. If I was to change these for seasonal opening times would it work? Well I've taken out the
noindex flag and we'll see what happens in the next few weeks!
These are the screenshots I took of various searches for the store on mobile:
Unfortunately, Google doesn't make the phone number or email address clickable and there's no call to action for the address supplied. I'm guessing these three might be tied specifically to items listed on Google Maps. A broader experiment for the future...
I'm really pleased this has worked out, despite it taking an age to filter through.
|More from 1 Thing A Week|
|« Making better use of Twitter threads||The real problem with your iPhone's storage||Why I can't wait for the :has() pseudo-class in CSS||Apple Maps update introduces 'Look Around' feature to the UK »|
You can find 1 Thing A Week on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram & Reddit